Saturday, July 20, 2013

Stepping out of the Cinema

“It’s funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.”

                                    - A Clockwork Orange

The daylight saturates my sight
and I blink the blackness from my eyes,
before which the world transfigures:

the colors quicken, high definition,
as if the screen has wrapped around the sky
while shadows stretch away from the sun,

and the CGI seeps into towered clouds
too tinted with sci-fi tones to be real,
impossibly piled and ready to topple.

Driving home on a riverside road,
I see cars glide by, movements now smooth
as liquid crystal in seamless cinematography.

I score my drive to swelling melodies,
turning through curves to the rhythm
of strings that sweep like summer winds.

So earth, man, machine collaborate,
colors bleed from creation to Creation,
and sounds mix in enfleshed imagination.

And so the city projects its dreams
onto nature’s green and golden screen,
light dancing with light in the moviegoing rite.

No comments:

Post a Comment